Monday, May 21, 2007

Backyard Turkey

I was sitting in our family room catching up on emails after spending the last three days at the University of Buffalo at the ASM Conference on Undergraduate Education. The patio window drapes were open looking out onto the backyard so I could watch the birds and bunnies. A bunny that was contentedly eating the grass suddenly dashed to the trees at the edge of the yard. About a minute later, this big (redundant) hen turkey strutted into view. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture with something in view that would give scale -- these birds are big!

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Piette said...

Beautiful. I love seeing those big birds.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Dan Piette said...

There was one out by my office the other day!

Those turkeys are taking over.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home