Friday, April 06, 2007

Trip to Louisiana


Last month I made my first trip to Louisiana in over 15 years. I had never been there in the spring and found that my hot, humid summer memories did not do the state justice. It was beautiful. Of course some of the joy of re-discovery was re-connecting with family members that I see too seldom.

I was rescued from the Lafayette airport by cousin Judy, who led me to her beautiful home where I visited with Judy, R.J. and Judy's mom, my Aunt Jane. We had a wonderful evening of visiting (is there anything better than talking to and catching up with family?) and eating (Judy is a fabulous cook!) before Judy led me back to the airport to pick up Abbie III and Noey. Somehow they missed their flight in Appleton, so were arriving in Lafayette about 4 hours late.

We got to Franklin after Tom's bedtime, but AR was up waiting to welcome us to her lovely home. We did some more visiting and planning for the next couple of days, then off to bed. Tom and AR's house is set up beautifully for guests. We could not have had better or more hospitable accommodations.

The next morning met us with a soft fog outside and a warm welcome of fresh biscuits inside -- courtesy of Tom. Yum! Abbie III and I took a walk after the fog burned off and before it got too hot; then we rendezvoused with AR, UT and we all went to lunch at The Yellow Bowl. Seafood dishes for everyone. Good food. Good company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home